Providing Medication and Medical Supplies to Lithuanian Children with Oncological Diseases
A very large part of the funding that the Childhood Cancer Fund Rugute receives from its sponsors and supporters is allocated to one of the most important goals of Rugute: to maximize treatment possibilities and to improve hospital conditions for Lithuanian childhood cancer patients.
The aim of the project is to provide 80 children, who are currently being treated in the two major hospitals of Lithuania, with:
• specific medications that are known to be effective in the treatment of childhood cancer;
• other necessary medical supplies that the hospitals are not capable of providing to their patients.
The overall goal of this project is to improve the health condition of 80 young cancer patients and to have a positive influence on the progress of their treatment.
The requested amount of funding would, optimally, be used to purchase:
• quantities of cytostatic (cell growth inhibiting) medications;
• long-term central venous catheters and the special needles needed for these catheters;
• anti-ulcer mouthwash solutions and gels;
• infusion and transfusion systems that are used to administer medications, physiological fluids and glucose solutions intravenously.
$5 can buy one needle for a Port-A-Cath catheter.
What To Bring
Unused hard toys and games for children are welcome.
Do you like what this project is doing? Add a comment and share your review with others. Sign In now to review and comment.No reviews yet. Be the first one to review